Set yourself up for daily success
We all may dream about living a life in which everything revolves around ourselves, but with the high demands of our society, instead of touting “its all about me!”, you might be whimpering “what about me?” Our responsibilities and dedication to our job, kids, house, and spouse often leaves ourselves without a piece of the pie.
If you have been counting on someone else to make your daily life easier, I have one question: How has that been working out for you? If you want smoother sailing ahead, if you want to quit treading water and start moving forward, first come back down to the planet Earth, and then accept that it is entirely up to you!
You must put forth the effort to make your life easier and set yourself up for daily success. Here are some “all about me” ideas that do not cost a dime and will help smooth out the speed bumps of life:
- Meditate. There are many forms of meditation for you to choose from, all of which will help you attain a mental balance and peace of mind. It is powerful stuff, and only takes minutes!
- Get your butt to bed! Most of the night owl’s I know are doing nothing truly constructive in the late night hours. A good night’s sleep will recharge your batteries and revitalize your new day.
- Make a priority list. You wear 20% of your clothes, 80% of the time. Likewise, 20% of your “to do” tasks can relieve 80% of your stress. Prioritize them and attack!
- Know your primetime. Some of us are early birds, and others are night owls. Focus on the top of the priority list when you are at your best.
- Plan. Failing to plan is planning to fail. This mantra is true for any aspect of life, but especially for meals. Plan your meals days in advance, which gives you time to insure you have the ingredients needed.
- Make the best of downtime. Life often gives us unexpected delays, and you can choose to make the most of it. You can do next day planning in your head at red light, or make productive use of the time spent in a waiting room.
- Chip away. Procrastination and the overpowering nature of big tasks can leave a person stressed out. A little time each day spent chipping away at larger projects will make life much easier and move you forward. Mother Nature did this with the Grand Canyon. She is one smart chick!
- Focus on your goals. Do not focus on what you are going through; focus on where you are heading to! There has never been a storm that did not eventually clear. The same goes for your rough times.
- Acknowledge your accomplishments and blessings. Counting on others to give you kudos might prove to be a major letdown. Boost your own esteem with a healthy dose of self-praise for your daily accomplishments. Recognize the blessings you hold, as things could always be worse.
- Persevere. Stick-to-it-tiveness is not to be underrated. Sure, things can get tough. But things can also get better. Stick it out.
- You know that you will feel better and look better if you engage in it, yet it is often the first thing left behind. Exercise.
Every idea above revolves around choice. You make choices every hour of every day that will change the path of your day. Living life by choice puts you in control and makes you a victor. Or you can live life by chance, and be the victim of what is slapped on your daily plate.
Life by choice, or life by chance? Which do you choose?